BE IT THEREFORE RESOLVED, that The Council of State Governments urges Congress, in coordination with the administration and state and local governments, to adopt legislation modifying the Recovery Act so as to allow state and local governments to set aside a portion of their stimulus funds for the administrative costs involved with meeting the reporting and accountability requirements established by the Recovery Act.
NOW, BE IT THEREFORE RESOLVED, that the Council of State Governments supports each state developing policies supporting the capture, injection and underground storage of carbon dioxide while addressing issues such as experimental permits, trust funds to administer programs, and long-term liability; and
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Council of State Governments urges Congress and the Administration to act in close partnership with state governments and to support and supplement their policies to capture, inject, store underground and withdraw carbon dioxide for beneficial reuse or sale; and
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Council of State Governments strongly urges Congress and the Administration to support state efforts to store or find beneficial uses for carbon dioxide emissions by providing additional funding and incentives for research into carbon capture and storage technologies and underground storage capacities.
NOW, THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, that the Council of State Governments calls on Congress to seize a historic opportunity and pass an adequately funded, multi-modal, multi-year transportation authorization bill to include a focus on all modes of travel as soon as possible, and
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Council of State Governments commends Congress for transportation and infrastucture funding included as part of the ARRA but expresses disappointment that the funding was not at the level needed to make substantial progress in meeting the nation's transportation infrastructure needs; and
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Council of State Governments will seek to partner with organizations that share our philosophy about the need for historic investment in the nation's transportation infrastructure in advocacy of these issues before Congress.
BE IT THEREFORE RESOLVED, that The Council of State Governments encourages Congress to amend the Unfunded Mandates Reform Act to:
1. Apply UMRA’s cost estimation requirements to legislation that alters the conditions for receiving already existing federal grant assistance such as Medicaid and federal grants under the No Child Left Behind Act.
2. Expand the scope of cost estimates to include indirect costs imposed by new legislation and rule making such as lost revenue.
3. Remove the exception for mandates issued by independent regulatory agencies such as the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
4. Remove the current exception for urgent federal regulations issued without prior notice by requiring cost estimates to be issued for such urgent rule making decisions within six months after their adoption.
BE IT THEREFORE RESOLVED, that The Council of State Governments strongly urge Congress to restore funding to the child support enforcement program by passing The Child Support Protection Act of 2007 (S. 803) or similar legislation.
THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that The Council of State Governments:
(1) urges the President to provide focused leadership domestically to reduce health disparities, particularly as they relate to HIV/AIDS;
(2) requests the Congress to increase funding for state and local grant programs authorized by the Ryan White Comprehensive AIDS Resources Emergency Act, especially to assure funding for faith-based initiatives providing culturally and linguistically competent prevention and treatment programs;
(3) calls on the Congress and the Secretary of Health and Human Services to ensure that AIDS Drug Assistance Program funding counts towards an individual’s out-of-pocket contributions for Medicare beneficiaries enrolled in Part D;
(4) encourages the Secretary of Health and Human Services to issue guidance requiring that all states’ Medicaid preferred drug lists provide prompt access to HIV/AIDS treatments consistent with established HIV treatment protocols;
(5) urges the Congress to provide increased funding to the Department of Health and Human Services and relevant agencies, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Human Resources and Services Administration.
BE IT THEREFORE RESOLVED that the Council of State Governments supports a temporary increase in the Federal Medicaid Assistance Percentage (FMAP) as part of an economic stimulus package of state aid to offset reductions in tax receipts.
BE IT THEREFORE FURTHER RESOLVED that the Council of State Governments supports Federal legislation to establish a provision to automatically increase the Federal Medicaid Assistance Percentage (FMAP) in the event of certain defined triggering events, such as an economic downturn, a natural disaster, an act of terrorism, or a public health emergency.
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, (Municipality, County) urges all residents to become more informed about the upcoming DTV Transition and to apply for their $40 discount coupons by either calling the Coupon Program 24-hour hotline at 1-888-DTV-2099 (1-888-388-2099) (voice) or 1-877-530-2634 (TTY) or by visiting https://www.dtv2009.gov, and further, to assist their neighbors and fellow residents, such as senior citizens and those with disabilities, to do the same.
AND, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that a copy of this resolution shall be certified and forwarded to all local media and the State Municipal Organization.
NOW, BE IT THEREFORE RESOLVED, that CSG strongly urges Congress and the Administration to act in close partnership with state governments as they establish a market-based approach to help the U.S. achieve GHG-reduction targets, while maintaining the competitiveness of U.S. manufacturing and industry in respect to foreign competition;
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that CSG urges Congress to adopt policies that involve all sectors of the economy and all sources of GHG.