Interstate Medical Licensure Compact
|Saturday, June 20, 2015 at 12:00 AM
This Act enacts the Interstate Medical Licensure Compact. The compact:
- Becomes effective when adopted by seven states;
- Creates an interstate commission comprised of two representatives from each member state to oversee operation of the compact;
- Provides for physicians licensed in one compact state to obtain an expedited license in another compact state;
- Directs the commission to maintain a database of licensed physicians, and disciplinary records involving licensed physicians, from compact states;
- Provides for joint investigations and disciplinary actions;
- Authorizes the commission to levy and collect an assessment on member states to cover the cost of commission operations, and provides civil immunity for commission representatives and employees;
- Reserves member states’ rights to determine eligibility for physician licensure, license fees, grounds for discipline and continuing education requirements.
Status: Signed into law on February 27, 2015.
|Interstate Medical Licensure Compact||244.7 KB|
Tags:2016 SSL Volume
Policy Area›Health›Health Equity and Disparities›Health WorkforcePolicy Area›Interstate Compacts›Ongoing Projects›Medical Licensing Compact