Transportation Policy Academy 2014 – DC – Part 1: Tour of Virginia Megaprojects
The 2014 CSG Transportation Policy Academy in Washington, D.C. got underway September 15 with a bus tour of key Northern Virginia transportation projects. Officials from the Virginia Department of Transportation and the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority were on board to lead the tour, which highlighted the operational toll Express Lanes on the Capital Beltway, soon-to-open Express Lanes on I-95, and the Silver Line Metro, which is reshaping development in the Tysons Corner area. This page includes a compendium of photos, presentations, and links related to the tour.
- "Virginia's 495 and 95 Express Lanes: Funding, Construction and Operations," PowerPoint presentation by Virginia Department of Transportation, September 15, 2014.
- "The Colossal Expectations of D.C.'s Newest Metro Line," The Atlantic Citylab, June 10, 2014
- "DC just got a new subway line, and it's creating a new kind of city in Virginia," Vox, August 25, 2014
- Virginia Megaprojects Office
- Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project, Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
|Virginia's 495 and 95 Express Lanes - Virginia DOT Presentation||3.76 MB|