State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) Draft Released
The Presidents' Forum and The Council of State Governments' National Center for Interstate Compacts has released a working draft of the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA). You can find it on the updated NCIC website here along with a PowerPoint presentation discussing the compact.
The compact is the result of a series of both teleconferenced and in-person meetings. The in-person meetings have been as follows:
- Drafting Team Meeting I Sep. 15-16, 2011
- Drafting Team Meeting II Nov. 2-3, 2011
- Advisory Council Meeting I Feb. 22, 2012
- Drafting Team Meeting III Feb. 23-24, 2012
- Drafting Team Meeting IV April 10-11, 2012
Work on the compact is not yet complete, and comments and feedback on the current draft are welcome and encouraged. The drafting team and advisory council are in the process of consulting stakeholders and soliciting additional feedback so that they may improve upon the working draft.