A Recap of Compact Center Projects
Since its founding, CSG’s Compact Center has worked to promote the use of interstate compacts as an ideal tool to meet the demand for cooperative state action. During that time there have been approximately 180 adoptions of CSG supported compacts, including 10 separate adoptions of different projects during the 2014 legislative session. Two of those compacts have expanded to all 50 states, while the Educational Opportunity for Military Compact has now grown to 48 states. Below is a summary of various CSG compact projects.
Interstate Compact for Adult Offender Supervision
- All 50 states plus DC, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
- MA was the last state to join in 2005.
Interstate Compact for Juveniles
- All 50 states plus DC and the Virgin Islands.
- Georgia was the last state to join in 2014 (will take effect July 1).
Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children
- 48 states plus DC.
- Legislation has been sent to the Governor in NH.
- Oregon and Minnesota joined this session.
Thoroughbred and Harness Horse Racing Compact
- 2 states have joined the compact (KY & CO).
Surplus Lines Insurance Compact
- 9 states have joined the compact (Al, IL, IN, KS, KY, ND, NM, RI, TN, and VT).
Interstate Compact for the Placement of Children
- 10 states (AK, FL, IN, LA, MO, MN, NE, OH, OK, WI) and DC are members of the compact
State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement
- 7 states have joined the agreement this session (AK, CO, ID, IN, ND, NV, WA).