National Conference & North American Summit Meeting Materials Now Available
The Council of State Governments recently hosted the 2011 National Conference and North American Summit from October 19-23 in Bellevue Washington. The meeting provided state leaders with a robust agenda structured to tackle some of the most pressing issues facing state governments. It marked the first time any national association of state leaders has hosted a North American Summit, welcoming leaders from Canada and Mexico to disucess the future of our region.
If you would like to watch any of the sessions or would like to get copies of the presentations, please visit the individual session pages housed here in the Knowledge Center. Audio of the sessions will be added shortly.
The policy resolutions passed at the meeting can be found here.
Wednesday, October 19:
Thursday, October 20:
- Fiscal Chairs Retreat
- Global Competitiveness: How Do We Create a College-Going Culture?
- Thinking Globally, Acting Locally
- Looking for Medicaid Relief in All the Right Places
Friday, October 21:
- General Session: Governing in North America: Strengthening Global Relations through Intergovernmental Engagement
- General Session: Neighbors, Friends & Allies: North American Cooperation & the Roles of States
- If You Build It, Will They Come? A North American Perspective on Electrical Transmission Line Siting
- Lessons Learned from Japan's Earthquake and Tsunami
- Maximizing Oil Partnerships in North America
- Managing Western Water in Evolving Climate Conditions
- Increasing Economic Opportunity and Civic Engagement by Educating Students to Succeed in a Changing World
Saturday, October 22:
- General Session: Beyond NAFTA: Protecting Legitimate Trade and Travel
- Jobs & Commerce: Revitalizing the North American Economy
- Future of North American Infrastructure
- Tapping the Future of American Oil & Gas
- North American Cooperation in Public Safety and Law Enforcement
Task Force Meetings: