CSG Executive Committee Approves Eight Resolutions
At the recently concluded National Conference held in Anchorage, Alaska, the CSG Executive Committee approved eight policy resolutions on a wide range of topics, including greenhouse gas regulations, the EPA's definition of "Waters in the U.S.," intellectual property rights, reauthorization of the U.S. Export-Import Bank, support for online voting technology for military and overseas voters.
Two of the resolutions provide support to the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) and the Recognition of EMS Personnel Licensure Interstate Compact (REPLICA). Both agreements were developed with support from CSG’s National Center for Interstate Compacts. SARA aims to increase access to online higher education, while REPLICA attempts to increase access to licensed and trained EMS personnel.
- Resolution Commending the National Conference of State Legislatures on 40 Years of Service to the States
- Resolution Concerning U.S. EPA Proposed Greenhouse Gas Regulations for Existing Fossil-Fueled Power Plants
- Resolution Concerning Clean Water Act Regulations and U.S. EPA’s Definition of “Waters of the U.S.”
- Resolution in Support of the Recognition of EMS Personnel Licensure Compact (REPLICA)
- Resolution in Support of the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA)
- Resolution on Supporting Intellectual Property (IP) Rights to Protect Jobs and Promote Economic Development
- Resolution on the Reauthorization of the U.S. Export-Import Bank
- Resolution Supporting Online Voting Information for Military and Overseas Citizens