2013 National Conference: Meeting Materials Now Available
The Council of State Governments hosted its 2013 National Conference from September 18 - 22 in Kansas City, Missouri. The meeting provided state leaders with a robust agenda structured to tackle some of the most pressing issues facing state governments.
If you would like to watch any of the sessions or would like to get copies of the presentations, please visit the individual session pages housed here in the Knowledge Center. The audio of many of the presentations has been posted.
Wednesday, September 18:
- Reducing the Bill for Chronic Disease
- Digital Learning and STEM Initiatives
- Strategies for Fostering Entrepreneurship
Thursday, September 19:
- Results First--Cost-Benefit Approaches to State Policymaking
- CSG Special Policy Session: State Approaches to Obesity Reduction
- Building Trust through Civil Discourse
Friday, September 20:
- Post-Secondary Education for the 21st Century
- CSG Field Study: Kansas City Power & Light Green Impact Zone Smart Grid Demonstration
- Pushing the Envelope through Health Innovation
- Transportation Funding & Performance in the MAP-21 Era
- State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement
- CSG Special Policy Session: Policies to Achieve Safer Schools
Saturday, September 21
- Grid Reliability--Regulatory Challenges and Technology Opportunities
- Education Reform and Transformation: Fact or Fiction?
- Focus on Federalism: A Hearing of the CSG Federalism Task Force
Sunday, September 22: