Transportation Funding Commissions
More like this
- States Turn to Commissions, Task Forces for Transportation Funding Solutions
- Gas Tax Increases, Public-Private Partnerships, Tolling, Mileage-Based Fees to Fund Transportation All On the Table in 2013
- Holiday Break Reading List 2011: Transportation Policy
- Forum Examines How to Change the Conversation to Advance Infrastructure
- Senate Transportation Plan Gets a Hearing; States Consider Funding Options
Absent a consensus on how to address an ever-widening gap between state revenues available to spend on transportation infrastructure and how much it actually costs to maintain and improve it, a number of states in 2011 turned to specially appointed task forces and commissions for answers. Iowa, Maryland, Pennsylvania and Washington were among the states with panels to issue recommendations. This brief examines their processes and findings, how their funding recommendations have fared politically and the chances for future success.
This brief is an extended version of an article that appears in the 2012 edition of CSG’s The Book of the States.
|cr_transportation_funding_commissions.pdf||2.15 MB||245||3 days 7 hours ago|